Healthcare HIPAA Compliance solution
What you need to know about HIPAA Compliance
HIPAA ( Heath Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ) applies to medical offices and to those that perform medical services such as Dentists, Surgeons, Physical Therapists, Doctors etc. To meet HIPAA Compliance Technical Safeguards and to meet stringent guidelines HHS introduced security standards that will protect sensitive medical records created, received, maintained, or transmitted electronically. This is were Blackthorn Secure thrives as your trusted partner.
Blackthorn Secures role verifies and maintains all the required physical, network, and security measures are in place and followed ensuring the integrity of your electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI).
Avoid Penalties with Documented Compliance
Penalties for non-compliance can be detrimental to business continuity.
Your patients, business associates, employees, and board will appreciate your dedicated protection of their confidential information.
Fulfilling requirements such as 164.312(a)(1), 164.312(a)(2)(i), 164.312(a)(2)(ii), 164.312(a)(2)(iii), 164.312(a)(2)(iv), 164.312(b), 164.312(c)(1), 164.312(c)(2), 164.312(d), 164.312(e)(1), 164.312(e)(2)(i), 164.312(e)(2)(ii) means your patients are more than treated with your medical expertise. Their health information is protected as well.
Know What's Required in HIPAA Compliance
Protected Health Information (PHI) that needs to be protected and monitored.
- Address (all geographic subdivisions smaller than state, including street address, city county, and zip code)
- All elements (except years) of dates related to an individual (including birthdate, admission date, discharge date, date of death, and exact age if over 89)
- Telephone numbers
- Fax number
- Email address
- Social Security Number
- Medical record number
- Health plan beneficiary number
- Account number
- Certificate or license number
- Any vehicle or other device serial number
- Web URL
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address
- Finger or voice print
- Photographic image - Photographic images are not limited to images of the face.
- Any other characteristic that could uniquely identify the individual
Blackthorn Secure helps prepare for your next HIPAA audit with a single platform that provides access to essential security details and reports.
- Discover all IP-enabled assets, including OS details, across your on-premises and cloud environments
- Identify systems with vulnerabilities, understand which assets are high-, medium-, and low risk, and identify any available patches or workarounds
- Intrusion detection detects threats, including malware and ransomware, that are active in your network with advanced, automatic correlation
- Identify both successful and failed logon attempts, and monitor user and administrator activities
- Accelerate incident response with built-in remediation guidance for every alarm, and integrated orchestrated responses that can be manually or automatically executed
- Collect events from across your on-premises and cloud environments and cloud applications for analysis, and store them for at least 12 months
- Be assured that you’re protected with continuously updated threat intelligence delivered automatically to the USM platform, including the latest correlation directives, vulnerability assessment signatures, IDS rules, guided threat responses and more
- Easily report on security controls required for HIPAA requirements with the built-in HIPAA reports, and the ability to create new custom reports and views to meet reporting requirements specific to your organization
Ready for a no-cost consultation? Schedule today and let us help you get started on the right foot.